Our Digital Project Management Badge recognizes graduate students with significant expertise and experience managing digital projects. After completing a number of activities, graduate students will be awarded a Digital Project Management Badge. The award is coordinated by the Digital Innovation Lab as part of its efforts to support digital humanities research and teaching. Badges will be posted on the Credly micro-credentialing Web site and can be integrated into sites like LinkedIn or online professional Web spaces. Badge recipients will also be listed on the Carolina Digital Humanities/Digital Innovation Lab Web site.
To be awarded the Digital Project Management Badge, graduate students must accomplish four or more of the tasks below. Recipients must complete both items 1 and 2.
- A) Complete a significant online course on digital project management—e.g., the Lynda.com project management course OR B) Complete a face-to-face project management course at a higher education institution
- Demonstrate involvement in which you had a key management role in a digital project that has achieved a major milestone
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of a major project/task management platform (e.g., Scrum, Trello, Basecamp) either through certification or through a proficiency exam.
- A) Complete a significant online course on user experience design OR B) Complete a face-to-face user experience course at a higher education institution
- Develop and implement a significant social media campaign for a digital project
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of a major digital-project-technical-area (e.g., HTML + CSS, Google Analytics, Adobe UX) either through certification or through a proficiency exam.
- Present evidence of an aspect of digital project management not already covered in the items above; if you have participated in an activity associated with digital project management that has not been anticipated with the checklist, you may request that it be considered by the Director of the Digital Innovation Lab as a qualifying task for the certificate.
For all of the tasks, the Director of the Digital Innovation Lab will make final determinations about qualification for the Digital Project Management Badge.