Our Digital Pedagogy Badge recognizes graduate students with deep competencies in theories and practices of digital teaching. After completing a number of activities, graduate students will be awarded a Digital Pedagogy Badge. The award is coordinated by the Digital Innovation Lab as part of its efforts to support digital humanities research and teaching. Badges will be posted on the Credly micro-credentialing Web site and can be integrated into sites like LinkedIn or online professional Web spaces. Badge recipients will also be listed on the Carolina Digital Humanities/Digital Innovation Lab Website.
To be awarded the Digital Pedagogy Badge, graduate students must accomplish four or more of the tasks below. Recipients must complete either item 1 or 2 and either option 3 or 4.
- Complete a course for credit that emphasizes digital pedagogy. The Director of the Digital Innovation Lab will determine courses that qualify.
- Teach a course that includes significant digital activities. Recipients must upload a syllabus and short reflection to the Carolina Digital Literacy web site to qualify.
- Publish an article based on activities associated with digital teaching.
- Deliver a presentation at an academic conference based on activities associated with digital teaching.
- Develop and share two or more assignments that feature digital pedagogy. Assignments must be uploaded to the Carolina Digital Literacy web site to qualify.
- Collaborate with a community partner to develop pedagogical activities or resources. The Director of the Digital Innovation Lab will review activities to identify collaborations that qualify.
- Organize and/or conduct a significant workshop that features digital pedagogy. Workshops of ½ day or longer will qualify.
- Attend an institute or significant workshop that features digital pedagogy. Events of ½ day or longer will qualify.
- Present evidence of an aspect of digital pedagogy not already covered in the items above; if you have participated in an activity associated with digital pedagogy that has not been anticipated with the checklist, you may request that it be considered by the Director of the Digital Innovation Lab as a qualifying task for the certificate.
For all of the tasks, the Director of the Digital Innovation Lab will make final determinations about qualification for the Digital Pedagogy Badge.